This is a modern, child-friendly, 2 bedroom air conditioned apartment in the San Luis area of Torrevieja, Costa Blanca. Its a very peaceful & relaxing location which overlooks, and has very good views of, two lakes and a natural park. However, we are also just a short drive from good local restaurants, several Spanish villages, several golf courses and the lively town of Torrevieja. We have use of a large communal swimming pool with a small pool for young children.
The apartment is very child-friendly and, if required, can include use of a travel cot, baby bath, portable baby seat, paddling pools and a good collection of toys. There is no charge for these accessories.
Inside the apartment everything is on one level and includes a balcony which overlooks the natural park. The balcony includes a small table and chairs and is accessed from the lounge/diner.
There is also a large roof terrace, also overlooking the natural park, with a canopy, two sunbeds and a table and chairs. The roof terrace is gated for child safety and is accessed by steps outside the front door.
Master Bedroom - 1 Double Bed. This room overlooks the natural park and includes a wardrobe, chest of drawers, two bedside cabinets and two reading lamps.
Twin Bedroom - 2 Twin Beds. This room includes a wardrobe, a chest of drawers, a bedside cabinet and a reading lamp. This is an ideal room for children and both beds can be pushed together if necessary.
The lounge includes cable TV, VCR (with a selection of videos), plus DVD/CD player and cassette/radio.
The region enjoys 300+ days sunshine per year & is one of the healthiest climates (according to the World Health Organisation). Alicante/Murcia Airports are within a 45 minute(s) drive.
Our apartment offers an excellent view of the natural park (the Parque Natural) and two lakes (Salinas de Torrevieja and Salinas de la Mata). These are promoted locally as a tourist attraction.
Shopping and Dining - can be reached by walking for 10 minute(s). This includes a large Mercadona, a small English run supermarket (selling all the English brands), several bar/restaurants, a newsagent/tobacconist, an English-speaking bank (with cashpoint), a property agents and a hairdressers. 5 minutes drive away we also have Caprado, Carrefour and Lidl super/hypermarkets, plus a well stocked toy shop and a new, quality shopping centre with a roof-top funfair.
The apartment is just 10 minutes drive from an excellent beach at Guardamar which has golden sand for as long as the eye can see. We are also 5 minutes drive to the N332 coast road which leads to more beaches at Cabo Roig, Campoamor, La Zenia, Punta Prima, Playa Flamenca, Torrevieja and several others.
* 2 minutes walk - local bar/restaurant with swimming pool, quiz nights, pitch & putt, ballroom dancing for adults and more modern dancing for children, childrens play area, crown green bowls, bingo, keep fit, Sky Sports and other community activities
* 5 minutes drive - ten pin bowling with amusement arcade, casino, aqua-park (under 3s go free), horse riding, English speaking doctor/pharmacy
* 5 to 15 minutes drive - weekly street markets at San Pedro, Orihuela, La Mata, San Miguel, Guardamar, Rojales, Torrevieja, Los Montesinos, Playa Flamenca and Lemon Tree Grove (enough markets to go everyday if you dare)
* 15 minutes drive - two not incompatible attractions, Go Carts at Playa Flamenca and English speaking hospital (San Jaime)
* 20 minutes drive - we understand there are good golf courses at Formentera, Algorfa, Villamartin, Las Ramblas, Campoamor, Rojales, Pilar de la Horadada and Casa Verea. You may want to check these for yourself because weve not used them and can barely swing a club ourselves. However, weve seen the one at Algorfa and its certainly stunning to see, if not to play.
* 25 minutes drive - English cinema at Pilar de la Horadada
* 90 minutes drive - Spa at Fortuna
And, for just one euro, a regular bus service will take you to/from Torrevieja town centre. Here you have acres of bars and restaurants, the seafront and pier, a daily street market, the marina, boat trips around the bay, an evening funfair and the tourist office. Note that some attractions may not be available out of season.
Apologies but smoking and pets are NOT allowed.
Rental includes FREE clean of the apartment (both before and after your stay), plus clean bedding/towels and contact details for our local English agent.
10% of the rent is required to complete the booking (balance due 90 days in advance). A refundable security/damage deposit of £100 is required. If you cancel anytime, payments (less 20%) are refunded if the unit is re-rented.
We accept payments by Personal Cheque, Money Order, Cashiers Cheque, Direct Bank Deposit or Electronic Transfer. Long term rental rates are negotiable depending upon the time of year.
Check in and check out is flexible depending on your travel arrangements.