House in Elounda
In fact the house is the most honest of the properties. The reason being that most of the materials used, wood and stones, belonged to the original house and the ones added were from derelict houses in deserted villages scattered in the region of Elounda. The attic/loft area (the master bedroom) and the veranda have been added to meet modern requirements.
The staircase, door handles, bath taps, lamps, basins in both kitchens are all original pieces, but the best feature is the stone fireplace typical in old Cretan houses of the 19th century. The original House was bought in 1905 by the Sfirakis family, from a rich Turkish landowner, who had had it for the previous ten years. We assume that the House was built in or around 1895. The sale, though completed, resulted in only a portion of the money being paid to the Turk, as he had fled back to Turkey at the time of the population exchange between the two countries.
On entering the house there is the sitting area with a fireplace, dining area and a fully equipped kitchen area. The sofa converts to a child-sized single bed. The bathroom is located through a door on the left.
On the right is the stone staircase to the upper floor. On the mezzanine floor, there is a single bed and a few steps more lead to the master bedroom and the terrace equipped with a summer kitchen and dining area.
Location: The beach is located 10 minutes walk away and about the same for the village of Elounda, about 1 kilometre.