Austrian Alps Ski Chalet
The Chalet has:
* 4 bedrooms sleeping a total of 10 (2 x Austrian twin, 1 x twin beds (with an additional single pull-out bed) and 1 x Austrian twin with an additional single bed). There is also * a sofa bed in the lounge for an additional person (ie the 11th person)
* 2 bathrooms (1 with a shower and the other with a Jacuzzi bath & shower over)
* a sauna seating 4 people
* an open plan dining area & lounge with a table & chairs, breakfast bar & stools, satellite TV, DVD player, Hi-Fi system (which includes MP3 playback), various board games and a PS2 with a range of games
a fully equipped kitchen with a hob, cooker, fridge, freezer & dishwasher
* a washing machine and tumble dryer
* a store with a 10 pair ski boot dryer
* 2 car park spaces
* a balcony with wonderful views
* a covered terrace surrounding two sides of the chalet
* a safe
More details about the village and the area
This brand new well equipped chalet is now available to hire. Located on the edge of Stadl an der Mur, a picturesque Austrian village, the chalet is nestled within a small development with excellent views of the mountains. A picture of the chalet is below.
The lovely village of Stadl an der Mur lies on the borders of the provinces of Salzburg, Styria and Carinthia - the Italian and Slovenian borders are just 3-4 hours away. The region is primarily known for its many lakes as well as the majestic Hohe Tauern mountain range. With skiing between 800 and 2200 m it boasts some of Austria’s most snow sure skiing yet also benefits from over 200 days of sunshine a year, making it a truly dual season resort. There are many ski areas nearby and some of these are featured on the Winter page of this website.
The village has a wide range of amenities and a narrow gauge train and bus service provide transportation to the local ski area, should you not wish to drive.
In the summer the area has much to offer from mountain biking and hiking to white water rafting, or a fantastic place to chill out, enjoy the sunshine and take in the wonderful views.
Travel off-peak to the Chalet and you can pick up some fantastic deals with the low cost carriers for as little as £20.00 return including taxes! The closest airport is Klagenfurt, with Salzburg and Graz just a little further away.
Beautiful views of the mountains.