Tell us about your visit:
Review submitted by Peter from Cupar (Submitted: 12 Aug 2012)
On first impression this was a fantastic property with spacious rooms and comfortable beds. However a number of things let this holiday villa down and for a villa of this standard, not acceptable and therefore not worth the money paid. If they were rectified then yes, it would have lived up to expectations, certainly worth recommending and we would consider booking again.
Below is a list of problems:
- downstairs bedroom smelt damp and musty
- downstairs bathroom toilet was not clean, hand towel fixture kept falling off wall and lock came out of door, there was also a hole in side of bath!
- ensuite bathroom to second large bedroom had cracked shower rail which bowed and was in danger of snapping and toilet roll holder kept falling off wall
- main bathroom didnt have a shower rail and curtain
- Kitchen cutlery kept falling apart, pans were in a poor condition (black on base), dishwasher still had food left in base/drain which left a horrible smell in the kitchen.
- Sun lounger cushions were dirty and stained.
- Pool: lots of tiles had fallen off in pool and we found our 3 year old with a tile in his mouth (a choking hazard)!
- Pagoda cushion was mouldy and crawling with ants.
- Couldnt use BBQ as we were told on arrival that the chimney was blocked!
This may sound like a long list, but some of the items were minor others of greater concern, but worth mentioning for general maintenance and upkeep. We feel sure that you wish to maintain a high standard in such a lovely villa and will agree that these points need attention.
If you could guarantee these points were met we would certainly consider staying again as we had a really good holiday.
Thank you very much for your feedback. We are sorry that these items were not identified by the managing agent before you arrived but the owner has now addressed all the issues you raised except the pool tiles that has been arranged for the end of the season as the pool will need to be drained. There is now a new managing agent in place and we are confident that this situation will not recur.
Review submitted by Lynette from Olney (Submitted: 4 Sep 2010)
The villa was great and ideal for two families to share. The open plan design and the terracing around the pool gave us a grat deal of living space. The decor was tasteful and simple which again made the stay very comfortable. The pool was excellent for families with older children but may not suit younger children as it was very deep.
I had only a very few minor issues, there needs to be more crockery and cutlery supplied and plastic cups.
The day bed outside also needs to have the matress replaced or taken away.
On the whole the Villa was a great place to stay.
Review submitted by Karen from Beverley (Submitted: 15 Aug 2010)
Fabulous villa, very well equipped and well presented. Moraira is a lovely town with super restaurants and bars although very little for young teenagers to do. Pleasant 20 minute walk into Moraira town centre and to the beaches, but be warned its uphill all the way back so make sure you take one of the readily available taxis home. The other nearby towns can be easily reached by car or there is a brilliant coastal train which runs from Denia to Alicante and stops at all the towns along the way. Excursions to the nearby water & theme parks also operate from the town centre.Would definitely return to the area to explore further.
Review submitted by lesley from glenrothes (Submitted: 12 Sep 2009)
The villa was very well presented and met our needs well. We did find the area was not what we were looking for but the villa made up for it