The view out over the bay is fantastic. As a front line porperty, you can see across to Palma and it is very peaceful. It is a 10 minute walk to the bottom of the cliffs, where thee is an excellent (un-patrolled) area for swimming in shallow water. The locality is a Mallorcan village, so a good chance to practise Spanish. Its within easy reach of all the English/German speaking restaurants/tourist areas though.
If you like barbeques there is a large one on the patio area, so good for out-door cooking. The kitchen has enough appliances, but a few more plates/cups would be useful and some plastic ones for poolside too.
There was an alagae problem with the pool for the first 3 days, but the family that owns the house sorted it as quickly as possible and were helpul and firendly.
The inside of the villa is a bit spartan, and the furniture basic. Looking at the villas either side, their facilities were much more modern. This is a villa that could be improved with the following :
1) New beds that are actually beds and not half-assembled old mattresses
2) Proper pillows & duvets
3) A wider area of decking/slabs around the pool, and the bottom of the garden properly developed so you can sit and watch the coastline from under the trees
4) Furniture that isnt ancient and poor quality
5) The bathrooms need replacing
6) If you are paying Eur1,800 for a week in summer, I dont think you should have to put Eur1 in a slot machine for air conditioning
I understand that there are no hairdryers in the bedrooms because the owners dont trust the customers, and have had one or two taken in the past. We went to the local electrical store and bought one for Eur10. After all, there is a Eur300 deposit too.
With most villas I have rented, theres is a booklet of information about local services, restaurants, previous renters experiences etc, but sadly it was missing here. It makes a difference to see what others have done and local tips on restaurants, beaches etc.
This might sound as if we did not enjoy our week. We did have a good week and the location is superb. We would return, and the villa would be even better with some/all of these possible improvements/investments.