* Bedrooms: The house has three bedrooms. The master bedroom has a full size bed, while the other two bedrooms have a twin bed and two twin beds, respectively. The living room also has a pullout full size hide-a-bed in the couch, and an extra twin size cot is avaliable. The bedrooms are fully furnished with bedding and pillows.
* Bathroom: The bathroom features a shower, sink, toilet and bidet, as well as a sturdy washing machine. Lots of towels are provided, and hot water is virtually unlimited.
* Kitchen: The kitchen boasts a new wood stove as well as a fully functional electric stove with range top. Microwave, refrigerator, coffee grinder, blender, and plenty of tableware are all avalable for your use. The kitchen looks out on a truly spectacular mountain view, and adjoins the dining room.
* Patio: Off the kitchen, overlooking the mountain peak Ñiajo, the enclosed patio is a quiet and private retreat with teracotta tile and an adjoining stone barbeque.
* Living Room: Comfortable full size couch with two overstuffed armchairs, with family heirloom clock and china cabinet grace this room. For your convenience, a television and DvD player have been installed in 2006.
* Sunroom: On the second floor, facing the front of the house, is a spacious sunroom with an extra twin bed and clotheslines for drying clothes.
* Fully Remodeled: The house received a full remodel in August of 2004, with all new fixtures, appliances, and central heating to ensure a warm and comfortable stay. The Casa Díaz home has been in the Díaz family for over 150 years, and was built much earlier. We hope you will appreciate the antique family atmosphere of the house, and be as careful with it as you would with your own home.
Village and local area
* Village of Ribota: The village of Ribota is a tranquil break from modern life. It is the trailhead for numerous hikes, and boasts a quaint historical church that holds mass on Saturdays. The ancient school building has been converted into a health center while still retaining much of its antique charm. All the buildings in the town are authentic old Northern Spanish construction of stone and timber.
* Local Services: Just five minutes away in the nearby village of Oseja, are all the necessities and services. Oseja has two restaurants, a grocery store, as well as some additional shops to provide fresh meat, bread, and fruit. The nearest bar to Ribota is also located in Oseja, a friendly establishment great for a quiet drink and some local color.
* Nearby Attractions: Just one hour away are the capital cities of Gijon, Oviedo, and Santander. Also an hour away is the beautiful beach town of Ribadesella with watersports including surfing. If you're interested in kayaking and whitewater rafting thirty minutes away boats and equipment can easily be rented in Cangas de Onis, and Arriondas.
The view from the patio, which is off the kitchen, is of the mountain Niajo, a spectacular peak, and of the lower village of Ribota.