Tell us about your visit:
Review not verified by RentalSystems* (Submitted: 14 Sep 2009)
I stayed in this great apartment along with my daughter and her friend in July. The location is perfect. We were just 10 minutes walk away from the language school that we attended and the shops, restaurants , ice cream and tapas bars were all on our doorstep which is in Plaza Mayor. The atmosphere there is just amazing and it was great to be right there in the middle of it all. The shopping streets are immediately off the plaza and there are lots of lovely shops. You can walk to lots of the historical places too and if its too hot to walk theres a little tourist train. The apartment was bigger than I expected, and was equipped with everything we needed. In the living room there is a single bed with another bed which stores underneath it and you pull it out to use it. Even with these two beds in use there was still plenty of space in the living room. The kitchen is small but adequate and you can open up the double doors from it into the living room. The bathroom is quite big and has a good shower and the bedroom has twin beds, a big wardrobe etc. and a lovely french window with a metal guard outside it. We loved "our" apartment and had a great time in Salamanca. As well as all the history, culture and learning there are public swimming pools in salamanca and we went to one that had lawns for picnicing and sunbathing and there is some shade there too, so bring your bikini!
Review submitted by Paul from Liverpool, England (Submitted: 11 Sep 2009)
Situated in the heart of historic Salamanca, on the Plaza Mayor, the apartment was excellent. It was spacious and comfortably furnished with all the facilities you might need for your stay. The owner and his father were very helpful, and patient with our poor Spanish!
The windows looked out on the bustling Plaza del Mercado, where locals and tourists visited the market, and where you could easily catch buses and taxis. From here you could easily walk through to the main shopping area, or visit the many historic buildings.
The entrance to the building was actually into the impressive Plaza Mayor, with its shops, cafes and restaurants.
The apartment was a fantastic location as a base for exploring this beautiful Spanish city - no wonder it won World Heritage status!
We would definitely try and book this apartment again when visiting Salamanca.
Review submitted by Jennifer from Appleton, Wisconsin, USA (Submitted: 1 Sep 2009)
1. At the center of all/any activities in Salamanca. You can walk anywhere.
2. Landlord, Wife and Father were extremely nice when we first arrived/helpful before we had paid them their final deposit. Willing to bring us/pick us up from the airport.
3. You can save money by staying here because you can go grocery shopping.
1. Does not face the plaza, faces the back. I had read someone elses review in regards to this, but decided to stay there anyway. BIG MISTAKE. The apartment is on the side of the plaza where all of the taxis drive and people are VERY LOUD all days of the week.
2. Furniture was not comfortable.
3. Kitchen was small. Everytime we cooked something the electricity would turn off. We could not use the microwave and oven at the same time or the stove top and oven at the same time...etc.
4. Air conditioning did not work the entire time. We called the landlord and he told us they would have someone come in and repair it. NEVER HAPPENED! We suffered for one whole month. We could not open the windows because we had two little girls with us that would fall out of the window if we did. We were not made aware that this apartment was unsafe for children and we did say that children would be there.
5. Water pressure was horrible. You could not even take a decent shower.
6. Apartment always had a bad odor. The washer leaked in the kitchen and we think there is something rotting somewhere because of the smell.
7. They advertise as a 2-bedroom apartment. It is really a one-bedroom with two beds in the living room (what they refer to as the second bedroom.)
8. Make sure if you will be here with kids or you cannot do stairs that the elevator is on the second floor. You walk into a door and there are stairs that you must take to the elevator. It is not many stairs, but made life inconvenient when bringing heavy suitcases in/out and bringing a baby stroller in/out.
9. Lighting is awful.
10. Make sure you know there is a drying rack for your clothes and that the washer is merely a washer and not a washer/dryer combination. You will always be doing laundry because you have to wait so long for your clothes to dry. You cannot wait a week and do all of your laundry then because you will have a very boring weekend.
11. A TV is advertised but does not work.
12. Very hard to find fast, reliable internet, so if you are here on business...plan accordingly.
Overall, this place was "fair." It really needs many updat es and I feel awful that I paid so much money because I could have stayed in a nice, air-conditioned hotel with fast internet and free breakfast for the same price. The only reason we chose this apartment was because we needed to eat cheap and because it was right in the plaza mayor which was important because I was going to school near there.
Review submitted by Carole from Glasgow (Submitted: 7 Oct 2008)
The apartment is lovely, very clean and comfortable. We were disappointed not to have a view of the Plaza Mayor, the apartment faces the back of the property over the central market. However, we would use this flat again when we are in Salamanca.
Review submitted by Ronan from UK (Submitted: 4 May 2007)
Great flat, lovely location, wonderful city. I would unreservedly recommend this flat.