Property and local area description
Country villa, near Parma, easy to reach with Ryanair flight, with garden and minutes to pool. The house is recently renovated, 2000, and has 4 self-catering apartments with varied permutations of sleeping facilities.
Its a tipical house of the italian countryside surrounded by many hectares of ground, cultivated with forage, fruit trees and vineyard, with a wonderful view over the hills.
The villa is deep in the green, in a sunny area, with wonderful views over the hills and the countryside. This is an ideal house in which to relax and enjoy the countryside and entertain, and also to use as a base from which to tour the rest of Italy.
There is a big garden with a wonderful views over the hills furnished, during summer time, with tables and chairs, perfect for a drink at the sunset or a picnic.
Wonderful for alfresco dining and relaxing! Not only a Summer holiday rental but Great outdoor living also in Spring and Autumn!
GAZEBO with wonderful view over the hills + BBQ
Private car parking in the garden.
From May to September its possible to use the public pools and the Aqua Park with very long slides... only 300 mt far from the house. Just cross a field and you are arrived!
The owner, on site, will be happy to offer recommendations to try the local famous food and wines, at very reasonable prices, in the near trattorias.
What to do
The house is located on the main Salsomaggiore-Tabiano road. It is only 3 km far from the city center and railwail station. The villa is a 10-minute drive from the main A1 Autostrada, linking Milan to Rome. Plus its within easy access to other motorways to the coast, the mountains, and the lakes. Most parts of Northern Italy can be reached in one/two/three hours. Alternatively take the train (Fidenza), and get straight to the city centres without traffic and parking hassles. The high speed train gets to Milan or Bologna in one hour Florence in two hours, and Rome in four hours!
GOLF CLUB... only 12 km. The course, with its 18 championship holes, lies in a green and silent valley and it is highly spectacular for both the technical level and the beauty of the scenery. Club House equipped to satisfy every need.
About the area...
Local amenities include Golf course, lake fishing, walking, cycling, friendly local inhabitants, excellent local foods and wines in numerous good trattorias and restaurants , health spas at Salsomaggiore and Tabiano local market towns, mediaeval castles, opera at Verdi birthplace of Busseto, Ferrari galleria at Modena...
Salsomaggiore and Tabiano Terme are located in the area of the province of Parma, a really starting point to discover a wonderful country. A land rich of history, art and culture, homeland of Verdi and Toscanini. But also land which offers a great variety of internationally known gastronomic delicious and specialities: infact this area is also called "food valley heart".
Nearby Salsomaggiore and Tabiano are the reknown cities of Parma, and Piacenza, Verdi’s native town, royal castles and many other important places. Salsomaggiore and Tabiano, only 32 km from Parma and 40 km from Piacenza, are conveniently located geographically and all the major centers of Northen Italy are found within a 200 km radius: Milan, Bologna, Turin, Verona, Padua, Venice, Florence, La Spezia and Genoa. They can be easily reached, also for one day trip, by train or car.
Surrounded by lush, green hills Salsomaggiore and Tabiano are tourist resorts boasting plentiful parks and gardens, indoor and outdoor swimming pools, a golf course, trekking circuits, and a wide choice of cultural, and artistic events. "Oasis of peace and relax" they are also ideal places for people fond on bird-watching, for cyclists loving to have a cycle ride in the country or for those attracted by paleontology. And then… wellness, health and beauty. At the reknowed spa centres of Salsomaggiore and Tabiano, the most popular in Europe, you can appreciate all the pleasures and benefits of a relaxing thermal holiday.
Places of interest and excursions:
- many and many medieval Castles of the Duchy of Parma & Piacenza,
- Busseto, the Verdis land, the suggestive places of the great composer Giuseppe Verdi,
- the river Po and the small villages of the famous Don Camillo and Peppone movies,
- natural roads along the Regional Stirone River Park: an ideal place for the lovers of trekking and bird-watching but also for whoever prefers to plunge oneself in nature by bicycle. It is also very interesting for its numerous fossil findings which exist along the river,
- historical cities like Parma, Piacenza, Cremona and Mantova,
- mountain bike or trekking on the surrounding hills and on the Appennini Mountains. The Appennini offer wonderful views, pristine landscapes, pure mountain springs and lakes, clean air,
- Golf courses in Salsomaggiore, Sala Baganza or CatellArquato,
- a series of Nature Reserves in the province of Parma as well as parks, wildlife sanctuaries, state forests that are all protected areas,
- Pilgrims ways along the Via Francigena: the most ancient road of Europe. An historical and religious itinerary, a main road tread on in the past by thousands of people travelling to Rome.