La Torre Sotto, apartment in the REAL Italy with garden and views
NEW FOR 2013 - POOL!
We have teamed up with our friends at Villa Geminiani. If you book either La Torre Sotto or La Torre Terra you'll receive a FREE POOL PASS which gives you free use of pool at Villa Geminiani which is just 10 minutes away from Casa La Torre. You really will have the best of both worlds - all the advantages of a property in the historic centre combined with a countryside pool!
Le Marche is a truly beautiful region of Italy located on the Eastern side of the country on the Adriatic Coast. This is the REAL ITALY. Unspoilt by mass international tourism - this is where Italians come to holiday and is where you will find one of Italys best kept secrets.
Your accommodation will be in the historical centre (centro storico) of the picture postcard hill top town of Montalto delle Marche which is strategically positioned between award winning beaches on the coast (which is only 25 minutes away) and the mountains of the Sibillini National Park.
"La Torre Sotto" is a beautiful apartment set on the first floor of this impressive 500 year old townhouse and comfortably sleeps up to 4. It has a shared garden accessed by a staircase from your apartment. The garden has a couple of seating areas, ample sun loungers and a couple of tables so is perfect for dining al fresco. It also has some shaded areas which is great for cooling off in the hot Italian sun.
The oldest part of the townhouse is a 700 year old lookout tower and is one of the oldest buildings in Montalto. This is where youll find your double bedroom with its fantastic views!
The twin bedroom has beamed ceilings which are typical of this region of Italy. The beams are several hundred years old and give a wonderful atmosphere to the room.
There is a very large and airy lounge with dining table, flat panel television and a selection of DVDs. There is also a good selection of novels that you are welcome to take with you to the beach.
WIFI broadband Internet is available free of charge using either your own equipment or the supplied computer.
There is parking just 2 minutes from the property and you will need to hire a car to explore this stunning region of Italy.
Montalto delle Marche
The town has a population of about 2400 so has all the services that you would expect of a town this size including: restaurants, bars, a bank, post office, tobacconist, fresh pasta shop, greengrocer, butcher, cheese and salami store, fishmonger, childrens playground and a cake shop (that we highly recommend)!
Some of the cultural and historical highlights not to miss in Montalto include:
• Wander around the old town which is like entering a picture postcard
• Visit the convent of Saint Augustine
• See the basilica of Santa Maria Assunta built in 1587 by Pope Sisto. while you are there go downstairs and youll see that this is a church build on a church.
• The museums at the town hall include the Archaeology Museum, Civic Picture Gallery, Prison Museum and Ethnographic Museum
• If you are lucky you might even hear "La Cordata" - the famous Montalto male choir practising.
• Don’t miss the Wednesday morning market – pick up a bargain and great for foodies!
Out and About the Region
The only problem that you will have while you are here is fitting it all in. This is why many of our guests return year after year!
Some of the highlights to our beautiful region include:
• Visit Loreto - One of the holiest places in Italy.
• Have a day or more lazing on the blue flag beaches on the Adriatic coast.
• Go to the open air opera at Macerata
• Visit the provincial capital - Ascoli Piceno, which is thought to be older than Rome
• Take a walk in the Sibillini National Park with its breathtaking scenery.
• Go for a wine tasting in one of the local cantinas.
• Wonder around the local markets picking up a bargain or two.
• Enjoy a great firework display at one of the many festivals that take place throughout the year.
• Visit the Frasassi caves - thought to be the largest limestone caves in Europe.