15% OFF our normal rates - book by 31 May - valid for any stay in 2103 - INCLUDES July and August!
please enter the discount code "LTS15" when making a booking request
– expires Fri, 31 May 2013
This property is...
Any times given are by car unless otherwise stated
Property and local area description
Medieval Italian Hilltop Village Apartment with Garden and Pool
NEW FOR 2013 - POOL!
This is a great apartment for couples on a budget yet not wanting to compromise on quality and who want to experience the REAL Italy. In addition to your lovely garden we also include with every stay a pool pass giving you FREE & UNLIMITED use of the pool at a nearby villa just 10 minutes away. You'll have all the advantages of staying in a village yet with the advantages of having a countryside villa pool at a fraction of the cost.
Le Marche is a truly beautiful region of Italy located on the Eastern side of the country on the Adriatic Coast. This is the REAL ITALY. Unspoilt by mass international tourism - this is where Italians come to holiday and is where you will find one of Italys best kept secrets.
Your accommodation will be in the historical centre (centro storico) of the picture postcard hill top town of Montalto delle Marche which is strategically positioned between award winning beaches on the coast (which is only 25 minutes away) and the mountains of the Sibillini National Park.
"La Torre Terra" is a beautiful apartment set on the ground floor of this impressive 500 year old townhouse and comfortably sleeps up to 2 guests. It has a garden that is shared with the apartment above (La Torre Sotto). The garden has a dining area and chairs for 4 guests and another dining area and chairs for 2 guest so is perfect for dining al fresco. There are ample sun beds and easy chairs. The garden also has some shaded areas keeping cool out of the hot Italian sun.
The oldest part of the townhouse is a 700 year old lookout tower and is one of the oldest buildings in Montalto. This is where you'll find your double bedroom which is steeped in character!
There is a very large and airy lounge with dining table, flat panel television and a selection of DVDs. There is also a good selection of novels that you are welcome to take with you to the beach.
WIFI broadband Internet is available free of charge (connection speeds average 5 Mbit).
There is parking just 2 minutes from the property and you will need to hire a car to explore this stunning region of Italy.
Montalto delle Marche has a population of about 2400 so has all the services that you would expect of a town this size including: restaurants, bars, a bank, post office, tobacconist, fresh pasta shop, greengrocer, butcher, cheese and salami store, fishmonger, childrens playground and a cake shop (that we highly recommend)!
Some of the cultural and historical highlights not to miss in Montalto include:
• Wander around the old town which is like entering a picture postcard
• Visit the convent of Saint Augustine
• See the basilica of Santa Maria Assunta built in 1587 by Pope Sisto. while you are there go downstairs and youll see that this is a church build on a church.
• The museums at the town hall include the Archaeology Museum, Civic Picture Gallery, Prison Museum and Ethnographic Museum
• If you are lucky you might even hear "La Cordata" - the famous Montalto male choir practising.
• Don’t miss the Wednesday morning market – pick up a bargain and great for foodies!
Out and About the Region
The only problem that you will have while you are here is fitting it all in. This is why many of our guests return year after year!
Some of the highlights to our beautiful region include:
• Visit Loreto - One of the holiest places in Italy.
• Have a day or more lazing on the blue flag beaches on the Adriatic coast.
• Go to the open air opera at Macerata
• Visit the provincial capital - Ascoli Piceno, which is thought to be older than Rome
• Take a walk in the Sibillini National Park with its breathtaking scenery.
• Go for a wine tasting in one of the local cantinas.
• Wonder around the local markets picking up a bargain or two.
• Enjoy a great firework display at one of the many festivals that take place throughout the year.
• Visit the Frasassi caves - thought to be the largest limestone caves in Europe.