Submitted: 7 Jul 2014
What an understated advert I must say, spending 2 weeks in this amazing property was better than I could have expected. The house was perfect, exactly like it was in the pictures and completely spotless.
If you’re looking for a 5 star hotel but don’t want to pay the stupid hotel prices (came up at £2500 for me for 2 weeks for 2 people), or you want to have more room and enough breathing space for 3 - 4 couples comfortably then this is the perfect place. I chose to stay in this property over the hotel because I enjoy cooking and I didn’t want to go out for dinner every night.
Ill just bullet point out the best bits
2. Suzy is a great Landlady, we had family over and she didn’t have any complaints and even joined us for a BBQ on Tuesday, when you invite her get her to make her cheesecake :D
3. Bathrooms were amazing, Lovely shower, lovely bathroom, spotlessly clean, no mould at all anywhere (unlike most hotels).
4. Rocky the dog :D, I spent 2 weeks trying to get him to play with me but he’s a little chicken, cute dog though.
5. Huge BBQ available on the terrace for you to use, it was big enough for me to do dinner for 15 people on it.
6. TV has cable and a number of English programs on it (albeit with subtitles, but it’s not England is it)
7. Suzy couldn’t do enough to help us, she called us cabs, recommended where to go, pointed out dinner options and even told us about seasonal events (firework competition)
8. Far enough out of Funchal to be pleasantly quiet but close enough for a 7 euro cab journey.
9. Huge kitchen with a great stove and oven.
10. Washing machine out the back which is very handy, it’s normally pretty hot so clothes will dry quickly.
11. Really, Really close to Madeira Shopping, you can walk it but I recommend the 4 euro cab. It’s pretty much uphill all the way. However you have the superstore there where you can do your weekly shopping and get drinks/breakfast etc etc.
12. You can walk around in your dressing gown and go and get a coffee from your huge kitchen, sit on your huge terrace and drink it whilst sitting in your swing seat checking out the views of funchal… Much better than having to have a shower in a cramped room, getting fully dressed and then waiting in a queue like a lemming at a busy Hotel breakfast room.
I really can’t give this property enough praise, I was so surprised when I got it for the price I did, I expected there to be something wrong but no, nothing at all, it was perfect