This bright and airy villa occupies a convenient corner plot and therefore has extra degree of privacy. It has been built to the highest specifications with marble floors throughout and every mod-con. As it is intended to be our home, we have personally furnished it to a high standard with attention to detail.
There is central AC as well as central heating. The kitchen is fully fitted including an American style fridge freezer dispensing ice and filtered water (so no more heavy bottles to carry).
The living room with its cathedral-like high ceilings has salubrious soft leather sofas seating 5-6 and an antique oak coffee table. This matches the dining table with its 6 leather upholstered chairs and the beautiful sideboard. Wall hangings, chandeliers and standing lamps combine to create a luxurious ambiance. Several French doors and windows with pretty wooden shutters provide a delightful outlook onto the terraces at the back and sides- and directly onto the swimming pool.
There is a 32” Grundig LCD television with satellite to receive several English channels and DVD player (with some assorted music and a few films).
There are 3 bedrooms. The master has a double bed and an en-suite bathroom which includes a jacuzzi bath and shower and double sink and looks out through French doors onto the pool area. The other two have twin beds and are served by a second bathroom. All have large fitted wardrobes.
Outside, there is a private swimming pool and shower. A terraced pergola provides a pleasant seating area with a low table and chairs for drinks. On the side of the villa, accessed from the pool area as well as the kitchen, is a bbq terrace with table and 6 chairs to provide that ‘al fresco’ dining experience. During the balmy summer months this part receives a refreshingly cooling breeze. By the pool there are also 2 sun loungers. This area receives sun almost all day as it faces east.
In the front there is a private car port and plenty of off street car parking as well.
El Valle golf resort
Nestled in a semi desert valley in the foothills of the Carrascoy mountains just beyond Murcia city, this is Polaris World’s premier golf resort. In a beautifully landscaped setting, that is designed for both permanent living as well as serving as second/holiday homes, is a testing 18 hole Jack Nicklaus signature course which includes two lakes and undulating greens.
This is a very exclusive resort, beautifully maintained, and ideal for a relaxing family holiday that can cater for the enthusiastic golfer as well those inclined to take it easy.
Wonderful for evening strolls (golfer or not), the entire gated resort has 24 hour security surveillance.
There is a golf clubhouse, bars, restaurants, gym, communal swimming pool and supermarket.
GOLF CONDITIONS FOR RENTERS (prices in Euros)
(Other Polaris World Resorts are similar)
This is at a 40% discount on the public charges:
Green-Fee 1 round 9/18 holes 40/55 Euros
Trolley 6 Euros
Golf cart 18 holes 40 Euros
Golf cart 9 holes 25 Euros
Rental clubs 23 Euros
Towel 2 Euros
Practice range (17 balls) 1 Euro
½ hour class 40 Euros
4 ROUND VOUCHER -200 € (valid 1 month = 50 € / round)
10 ROUND VOUCHER -440 € (valid 1 month = 44 € / round)
Things to do in the vicinity
The Costa Calida has a magnificent climate with all year sunshine and even winter temperatures averaging 18°C - ideal for all kinds of outdoor sports and recreation.
The region of Murcia is relatively new to foreign tourism. Compared to more populated areas farther north up towards the Costa blanca, this area – even the beaches- is surprisingly un-crowded and retains its Spanish atmosphere.
It is a place which has something to offer all who appreciate luxury at an affordable price- at least for now.
* Inland offers unspoiled conservation areas with a wide range of bird life, the opportunity to go horse riding, cycling, walking, climbing, trekking and para-gliding. At the same time the chance to savour the peaceful rural sights. This area is an historical adventure with cave dwellings and paintings, incredible architecture and museums.
* For golf lovers there is a wealth of courses to suit all levels in El Valle, La Torre, Mar Menor, La Manga and other resorts throughout this region.
* The gorgeous beaches of the Costa Calida are marvelous for swimming, snorkeling and scuba-diving. The shallow waters of the Mar Menor lagoon reach temperatures akin to a warm bath during summer months and are perfect for learning to sail or windsurf at the sailing schools under the watchful eye of full RYA instructors. Water-skiing is widely available throughout the summer months and often during winter too.
* A perfect place for both an energetic or relaxing holiday!
* The nearby town of Torre Pacheco is typically Spanish with quaint squares and a wealth of restaurants and bars to try.
* The coastal town of Los Alcazares is 10-15 min away with everything a seaside holiday town has to offer. There are numerous beach bars and restaurants where you can enjoy music, tapas or excellent meals.
The town still has thermal baths, which have been there from Roman times! You can walk along the beautiful promenade with views over the Mar Menor to La Manga on the other side. Fishing boats and miles of sandy beaches complete a pretty picture.
Los Alcazares holds two weekly street markets, selling various products such as clothing and fresh food. Throughout the last two weeks in August, groups representing market garden areas throughout Spain and other European countries gather to display their folklore, handicrafts and prepare gastronomic feasts from their local produce.
Monday - San Pedro del Pinatar
Tuesday - La unio n, Los Belones, Los Alcazares
Wednesday - Santiago de la Ribera, Cartagena, El Mirador
Thursday - San Javier, Los Urrutias
Friday - El Algar, Torrevieja
Saturday - Los Narejos, Torre Pacheco
Sunday - Cabo de Palos, Los Nieto
* Murcia city (15 min) and Cartagena (30 min) are both well worth a visit each with their own charm, uniquely Spanish. Murcia with its grand cathedral, pretty squares with pavement cafes and a maze of small side streets with little shops, Cartegna with its historic port area.
* For the shopoholics, Murcia city is probably the best bet. In addition to the numerous city centre shops that include El Cortes Ingles, there is Nueva Condomina, a sprawling new complex that includes Ikea, located just to the north of the city (25 min from El Valle straight down the motorway)
Cartegena also has some shops in the centre as well as in the large ‘out of town’ complex that has Carrefour, Media Mart, Leroy Merlin, Toys r Us, a garden centre, Casa and others, plus a huge mall with various shops on 2 levels.
Dos Mares is a large Mall that has a selection of small shops, bars and restaurants, cinema, bowling and also an Eroski supermarket.
Our favourite for food and essentials shopping is Carrefour in Murcia city – about 15-20 min from El Valle. In the same mall there are also restaurants and clothes shops and mobile phone outlets. On the way to Carrefour there is also an Eroski hypermarket and a Media Markt.
If you just want something without the excursion - there are shops nearer in Mosa Trajectum next door or at La Torre.
The orientation of the villa is such that it receives sun all day long in the pool area.
The villa overlooks the mountain backdrop of the valley
Golf club, restaurants and supermarket are all available on the Resort