Tropical Beach House Complex, Hikkaduwa
*** LATE AVAILABILITY FROM 13 - 22 JANUARY 2014 ***
The Tropical Beach House complex consists of 2 separate buildings - the Main House (with direct ocean views) and a separate Cabana in the side garden, which are normally rented together to accommodate a party of up to 8 people consisting of at least 3 couples.
The whole complex has been furnished by local artisans and designed to provide you with the usual Western-style home comforts in a tropical beachfront setting. Our housekeeping staff will be available to clean as often as you wish and Mahinda will try his best to cater to your group's tour requirements!
WiFi internet access is freely available and bed linen and towels are also included. You should, however, bring your own beach towels. We can provide an additional cot, if necessary.
The Main Beach House (can accommodate 6 people)
There are two main sections of the main house: a ground floor with 2 en-suite bedrooms, a kitchen and a dining room, and an upperfloor open-plan studio apartment.
* An en-suite front double bedroom with a locally-made jackwood 4-poster wooden bed with mosquito netting and a king size sprung mattress
* An en-suite back bedroom with a twin 4-poster single beds, which can be pushed together if needed
* Remotely controlled air conditioning in both bedrooms
* Impeccably clean, en-suite bathrooms with solar-heated hot water showers
* A fully-fitted kitchen equipped with a fridge freezer, washing machine, gas oven and a complete range of cooking utensils
* Separate dining room with a locally-made solid teak dining table, chairs and a sofa
* Hidden security boxes to store your valuables (you can bring your own padlocks)
The upper floor studio apartment:
* 4m x 2m double glazed doors leading onto a huge covered balcony with sun chairs and outdoor seating
* Remotely controlled air conditioning
* Mahogany kitchenette with fridge, stove, microwave and a complete range of cooking utensils
* A top-loading washing machine
* A lockable cupboard to store your valuables (you can bring your own padlock)
* Locally-made jackwood 4-poster wooden bed with netting and a king size sprung mattress
* Large en-suite bathroom with solar-heated hot water shower
Additional beach house features:
* A large private beachfront garden area - perfect for children!
* A 7.30 metre x 3.65 metre beachfront swimming pool, which is ideal for the children to play in
* A separate plunge pool for relaxing with drinks whilst watching the kids splash around in the pool
* A large veranda with tables, chairs, outdoor lighting and a seating area
* 240 volt universal electric power points - compatible with all European appliances
* Badminton rackets, a range of board games and books
The Cabana (can accommodate a couple)
The Cabana, in the tropical side garden, can accommodate 2 people (a couple). Please note that there is some road noise in the side garden and the Cabana has no direct seaview. The Cabana comes complete with:
* Remotely controlled air conditioning
* Beautiful mahogany kitchenette with fridge
* Large veranda with separate outdoor furniture
* An en-suite wetroom with hot water shower
* Double glazed windows for internal sound proofing
* Locally-made jackwood 4-poster double bed with mosquito netting and a sprung mattress
* A hidden security box in which to store your valuables (you can bring your own padlock)
The Tropical Beach House is a true beachfront property superbly located right on the beach at Thiranagama just south of the centre of the popular Sri Lankan resort of Hikkaduwa, right in the middle of the largest and most beautiful bay in the South West of Sri Lanka. The beach house at Hikkaduwa provides you with a very comfortable base from where you can enjoy everything that the area has to offer, such as surfing, diving, snorkelling, fishing or just basking on the beach in Sri Lankan sunshine!
After watching the last of the sun dip down into the Indian Ocean, relax with a seafood BBQ or take a stroll along the beach and sample some Hikkaduwa nightlife instead. Maybe you'll be lucky enough to see local fishermen hauling in their catch or later on at night, a turtle coming ashore to lay her eggs! Enjoy all the advantages that come with renting your own beach-front holiday villa in Hikkaduwa and take everything else at your own pace.
As the Image Tour shows, the direct views of the Indian Ocean are simply gorgeous!
For the duration of your holiday in Hikkaduwa, Mahinda and our housekeeping staff will be on hand to attend to your every need. They will happily arrange Ayurvedic massages, tours, fishing and diving trips. Although the property is rented on a self-catering basis, meals and seafood BBQs can easily be arranged locally for you for very little extra cost.
Sri Lanka is a magical place of ancient Buddhist monuments, gorgeous beaches, lush green vegetation, clear blue skies, sunshine and friendly faces. The beach house at Hikkaduwa is a great place to unwind, sample the local surfing and diving opportunities, and from where you can then start to explore this stunningly beautiful island.
Hikkaduwa is located 100km south of the country's capital, Colombo. The area is well-known for its coral sanctuary and the proximity of wonderful scuba diving sites to explore. With its unique beach culture, Hikkaduwa has long been the most popular diving and surfing area in Sri Lanka. In the centre of Hikkaduwa, a lagoon also creates a beautiful and safe snorkelling area. Further south, where the currents are stronger, surfing is the dominant water activity. The impressive coral reef runs just offshore and is populated by exotic fish and sea turtles that come ashore on this beach to lay their eggs.
The Tropical Beach House complex is actually 2 separate properties that are offered here as a discounted whole to accommodate 8 adults. I can also arrange up to 2 cots to accommodate extra infants. To encourage electricity to be used wisely (not leaving AC on with the doors wide open, etc), a heavy usage tariff will be levied. Normal usage (below 28 units per day) will be included in your rental quote.